1. Who we are: Express Kerala is the data controller (for the purposes of applicable data protection laws in India). We make an annual notification to the appropriate regulatory agency. We own and/or operate content relating to a large number of news, lifestyle and entertainment into our web sites (including mobile applications/apps). We refer to our sites and apps as, collectively, the “Services” within this policy. Some of our terms will make reference to our Partner Sites and any reference in this policy to “us” or “we” or “our” will include our Partner Sites.
2. User Information & Usage For accessing or using our Service, you may be required to provide certain information such as name, address, occupation, nationality, credit/debit card details, email, contact number, etc. All information, disclosed by you shall be deemed to be disclosed willingly and without any coercion. No liability pertaining to the authenticity/misrepresentation/fraud/negligence, etc. of the information disclosed to us shall lie on Express Kerala nor will we in any way be responsible to verify any information obtained from you.
You agree and acknowledge that all information gathered from you may be used by us for the following purposes:
1. to maintain, develop, protect and improve our Services, manage your account/orders/subscriptions, etc;
2. for communication regarding important notices, changes in any of our user related terms and conditions and policies, promotion and marketing purposes;
3. for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research relating our Services;
4. in the event you participate in any contests or other promotional activity, for administering those activities;
5. for doing strategic and targeted marketing; and
6. for sharing such information to any third party website, in the course of providing our Service.
3. Collection of Information & Storage about you. We may collect and process different types of information about you. Some of this data is considered to be Personal Data (that means you can be identified by it including Sensitive Personal Data) and Anonymous Data (that is data that you cannot be identified from).
1. Information we collect if and when you sign up for any of our add on Services: We may seek and collect your personal details including but not limited to your real name, user name, address, telephone, email address, date of birth, race, religion, sexual orientation and any other information you submit when you create a profile and sign up to our Services
3. Information we collect from partner networks that you use Some of our Services have the ability to link your use of the Services to other social networks you might have access to. If you have an account with another social network e.g. Facebook, Google Plus, you can share the data you have on our site with that network. To enhance your experience and create a personalized service we may ask you to login to your Facebook account. By doing so you grant us access to your information stored on your Facebook profile including without limitation your personal information, photographs, videos, interests and locations. When you login to the other network or install our app, we will receive the basic information from you including but not limited to your name, photos, gender, networks, user ID, friends list and any other information you make public and your email address. If you have logged into other social networks and linked them to any of our profiles you grant permission for us to post updates, including location information, on your behalf therefore please exercise caution. You can turn off location data – see below.
4. Information we collect about your location We can collect location data from your computer and/or mobile device. When accessing the Services from a mobile device you will be given the option to allow location sharing with our application. If you do not wish to share your location data with us please exercise due caution to turn off this feature by following your mobile device instructions to do so. For national security reasons, we are required to track your IP address if you are using a computer to access the Services. If you are using a mobile device we use GPS with an accuracy range of 20 to 100 metres. We also use your location data to research our own Services, develop new products and improve our Services, including using third parties to help us either provide the Services to you or develop new ones, and target advertising to suit your user experience. Your devices can give us lots of information about the device including the brand, model, version of operating system, installed app details, email accounts, mobile carrier and so on. We may also connect your account with location data from Foursquare and can show your Foursquare check ins on our map within some of our Services.
5. Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites and Advertisers Our websites and all mobile applications may contain links to other websites/other applications, whose privacy policies may be different to ours. You should consult the other sites’/applications’ privacy policies as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. On our websites and all mobile applications, there are third party advertisers and links who advertise their products and/or services and such third party advertisers and links may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser and may use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address) about your visits to our and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We have undertaken reasonable measures to protect your rights of privacy with respect to your usage of websites and mobile applications controlled by us. However, we shall not be liable for any unauthorized or unlawful disclosures of your personal information made by such third parties and advertisers who are not subject to our control.
6. Disclosure to Third Parties If you indicate your consent on your subscription form, Express Kerala shall be at liberty to disclose your information or part thereof to its agents/ business partners/ retailers/vendors/ service providers/ third party servers/advertisers and other business associates.
7. Confidentiality We at Express Kerala endeavor to treat your information as confidential and not cause any harm, theft, loss, unauthorized access, misuse within our storage system, alteration and destruction. In line with the priority for confidentiality, we request you to use SSL-enabled browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer as such browsers protect the confidentiality of information while it is transmitted over internet. In the event any of our Services are public forums such as chat rooms, you shall be responsible for the information you may disclose on such forums to other users.
8. Legal Disclosure You agree that if so required by law or as per directions of the governmental agency, authority, court, etc, Express Kerala may be required to disclose all your information and in such an event Express Kerala is in no manner responsible for informing you or seeking your prior approval.
9. Grievances In the event you have any grievances relating to the Policy, please inform us within 24 hours of occurrence of the instance from which the grievance has arisen, by writing an email to the Grievance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall respond to all grievances lodged with us, within 36 hours through emails, telephone calls, personal visits, etc. and shall redress your grievance expeditiously.